About Jenny Sanderson
For me, the belief that “light is life and the source crucial” reins paramount when planning the composition of a painting. Atmosphere is created by the synergy between my subconscious and drafting skills, reflecting my emotive response to the subject matter. I have a fascination for vines and Vineyards and can often be seen sketching or painting in watercolour in the vineyards “en-plain-air” as I believe that is the best way to capture the true essence of the subject. When amongst the Vineyards, the linework inspires me to apply the resources of my drafting skills to create the new style of super imposed metal work that gives a 3D impression. It is therefore evident to me how the environment in which I live influences my work.
Amberly Estate Winery; Cape Mentelle Winery; Voyager Estate Winery, Bettenays Winery; Alcoa Australia; Ashton Chambers St Georges Terrace; Bayswater Council: Kempton Morrel; Westpac Collection; Midland Court; Scotch College Centennial painting & Methodist Ladies College. Private collections throughout Australia, United Kingdom ,USA and South Africa.
Jenny studied drawing under Professor Rose of the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, and also trained as a draftsperson. She continued her career in drafting until 1985 when she left the profession of drafting to paint fulltime.
Diploma of Transpersonal Art Therapy obtained from the Ikon Institute of Australia in 2013.
2012 Parliament House Canberra Invited to represent the Art of the South West
2011 Xanadu Estate Winery Perpetual Exhibition
2010 Cowparade Margaret River Brahmin the Barman
2009 Leeuwin Estate Wine Festival Joint Artisans Exhibition
2008 Voyager Estate Vintage Stomp exhibition
2008 Arts Margaret River Joint exhibition for Art in the Garden
2007 Xanadu Estate Winery Joint Artisans Exhibition
2007 Xanadu Estate Winery Feature Artist at Margaret River Tourism Awards
2006 Yallingup Gallery Joint Artisan Exhibition
2005 Vasse Felix Winery Joint Artisans Exhibition
2004 Cape Mentelle Winery Solo Exhibition
2002 Margaret River Gallery Solo Exhibition
2001 Amberly Estate Winery Solo “The Alternative Winter”
2000 Margaret River Gallery Solo “A light touch from Margaret River to Tuscany”
1999 Margaret River Gallery “The Grape“ joint with six other artists
1998 Amberly Estate Winery Solo “The 98 Vintage”
1997 Margaret River Gallery Solo “The Essence of Margaret River“
1994 Ric’s Gallery Mixed Exhibition with four other Artists
1993 Houghton’s Winery Joint with Watercolour Society of W.A.
1992 Accent Gallery Organised exhibition and exhibited for WA Research
… Institute of Child Health“
1992 A Shed Gallery Joint with Watercolour Society of W.A.
1991 Bay Gallery Joint “ Professions”
1990 Bay Gallery Solo Exhibition
Awards and Commissions
2012 Commissioned to create paintings for Gatty collection
2011 Selected to create a sculpture for Wine Festival 2011 at Palmers Winery
2010 Brahmin the Barman won top peoples choice sms vote
2010 Winner of Margaret River Wine festival Award for 2011
2010 Commissioned painting for Margaret River Hotel Bistro entrance
2010 Commissioned two paintings for Mahbrook collection
2009 Winner of Margaret River Wine Festival Award for 2010
2008 Highly Commended at Vasse Art Awards
2008 Highly Commended at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
2006 Highly Commended at Cossack Art Awards
2006 Best local artist at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
2005 Best local artist at Margaret River Rotary Art Awards
2004 Winner of Margaret River Rotary Business Directory
2003 Commissioned to design Wine Label for Middlewood Farm
2002 Commissioned to paint cover design for Wine Travellers Guide to WA.
2000 Commissioned to paint entrance statement for All Seasons Hotel, Margaret River.
1997 Winner Pinjarah Rotary Art Exhibition
1997 Commissioned to paint four works for the foyer of Ashton Chambers in St Georges Terrace
1997 Commissioned to paint the Centennial Scotch College painting
1996 Winner of Watercolour Society of WA
1994 Finalist of Mandorla Contemporary Religious Art Award
1992 Winner of Watercolour Society of WA.
1991 Winner of section title “Professions” in theme Exhibition at Bay Gallery
1989 Melville Art Award 1st prize open watercolour section
1988 Perth Royal Show 1st prize watercolour architectural section
1988 Bayswater Bicentennial Art Acquisition
1988 South Perth Art Society Highly Commended Watercolour
Memberships and Associations
Invited member of The Watercolour Society of Western Australia
Margaret River Artisans, Cape to Cape
Board member of MMROS (Margaret River Region Open Studios)
Ikon Institute Australia
List of previous Public Works
- “Divine Wines” @ Margaret River Hotel Bistro Commissioned by MRH owners Steve and Julie Hughes 2010. Mixed media painting on canvas with sculpted steel vinework superimposed and within a frame. Anti graffiti varnished.
- “Brahman the Barman “ @ Margaret River Cowparade 2010. Auctioned at final event for $10,500. Located at private residence in Dunsborough. Life-size, made of Fiberglass which was cut and remoulded and completed in Acrylic paint with anti graffiti varnish.
- “Sunset Reflections” @ Xanadu Winery 2003 for exhibition for MR Tourism. 50th Anniversary event . Now includes sculpted steel vinework, exhibited at Xanadu Winery Margaret River.
- “Water into Wine” @ Winebar in Melbourne owned by Mr Michael Tsu. Sold at auction event at Xanadu for $3,500 Original design accepted for advertising and poster of 2010 Wine Festival held at Leeuwin Estate Winery.
- “Cape Mentelle Sunburst” @ Franchesca Holiday Resort Margaret River.
- “Serventy Winery View” @ All Seasons Resort Margaret River.
- Australian Wine Selector magazine The art of wine editorial with pictures of my images.
- West Australian Newspaper Image of work “Alternative Winter “ depicting Broome and advertising an exhibition at Amberly Winery.
And many other newspaper articles.